Tuesday, September 8, 2009

WIPTW: Dish, Condemned 2, Orbital, COD 3, Batman, GH5, Wolfenstein, Shadow Complex,

Wow I had a pretty busy Labor Day weekend with not much game playing until Monday.
I just had Dish network installed to watch football and man did I spend too much money. Don't you just love technicians who are real friendly to you and you know they are going to charge you extra. He did work about 6 hours but I did cut a lot of his time out by doing work arounds but still ended up paying him an extra $60.

I got my HDMI switch in and it works perfectly and this is without having to run power to it. I thought that I had a problem though as I was playing Condemned 2 and didn't hear anything out of my back speakers and my receiver just said Direct and I usually see DD. I thought my switch wasn't working so I plugged it straight into the receiver and same thing. Somehow my Xbox audio settings were digital stereo arghhhhh....

Condemned 2 (360) (2hr)

I bought this game a long time ago and played some but I restarted it last night so I could be creeped out, of course without my back speakers not working it lesson the effect but once I got that figured out creepiness insued. The combat of this game was giving me problems at first because I think the reach of the enemies is a little too much but once I calibrated I started doing better. If you want a cool and creepy game then pick this up. I did finish the first game and I hope to finish the second.

Orbital (IPhone) (10min)

Neat little game that the graphics remind me of Geometry Wars and gameplay like Drop 7.

Call of Duty 3 (360) (4hr)

I never really played this game and I wanted to just shoot some things so I put this disc in and am really enjoying it. The sound is very well done and satisfying.

Batman (PS3) (3Hr)

Getting closer I am about to fight Poison Ivy. This game does have some suprising moments and I'm loving it. It's going to take some time to find all of the Riddles but I am going too. The Scarecrow missions are awesome.

Shadow Complex (XBLA) (1HR)

Got past where I was stuck and it was a user error.

Wolfenstein (360) (1Hr)

This started off really good but once I got the special powers where you "switch" planes it turned me off because I just wanted to shoot stuff and not have to think so I will play this later but for now I'm going to return it.

GH5 (360) (1HR)

I just don't like a lot of the setlist so I am not having much fun.

Grid 2 and Beatles come out this week so there goes some more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment