Monday, September 14, 2009

Scribblenauts, Dawn of War 2, Batman, Killzone 2, Uncharted, Shadow Complex, Dirt 2, Beatles, RB 2

Well I was off on vacation for a few days last week and I got a lot of gaming in and actually finished some games.

Scribblenauts (NDS) (30min)

This is a new release this week and it's a great puzzle game. The hook to this game is that you solve problems by typing words then they come to life on the screen. Say you need to get an apple out of a tree, you can type ladder and then it will appear and you place the ladder on the tree then climb up or you can type chainsaw and then saw the tree down, there are endless solutions. I think the total word count is around 22,000 so pick this up for a different game play experience.

Dawn of War 2 (Steam) (1hr)

This is an RTS that does away with base building and limits the units you can use and it's awesome. It also plays a little like Diablo in that you get loot and upgrade your team members.

Batman AA (360) (3hr)

Finished this story of the game but I still need to get about 50 more riddles and finish the challenges. This was one of the best games that I've played in a long time, and I don't think I even saw one bug or problem. I really enjoyed the voice work and the story and thought it was well written and I hope games start telling better stories.

Killzone 2 (PS3) (1hr)

Been meaning to finish this one and got it done this weekend. The final boss took me 19 min and 21 seconds and I got a trophy for beating the boss under 20 minutes, he was really tough. I may go back and replay the game since they did tweak the controls and I finally got a handle on them. It wasn't a bad game but just not great.

Shadow Complex (360) (2Hr)

Finished the story of this game in about 8 hours, I still have some items that I need to finish in order to get a %100. I will go back and play it again and try
to get my guy to level 50 he's 25 right now.

Dirt 2 (360) (3Hr)

The graphics of this game are awesome and it plays really well with the 360 driving wheel. I do suggest that you install any Racing game to the 360 Hard drive as it really increases the loading times of races. The online play of this game is flawless even when you crash into a group of players there is no lag.

Beatles (360) (2Hr)

About 30 out of 45 songs in and some are pretty tough. I do like the game and do recommend it.

RB 2 (360) (5hr)

This game still rocks. I tried GH5 but the mix of the music is very different and just feels off. The songs in RB just sound and are mixed a lot better and that's because Harmonix are musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment