Thursday, August 6, 2009

WIPLN:Killzone 2, House of the Dead

Well I re-setup my speakers so I had to rerun the auto setup function on my receiver. My Onkyo receiver is really nice and all of them now have the auto setup features. You just place a small microphone, it's included, where you will be sitting and it will calibrate each speaker for maximum performance. You can make changes to the setup if something is off but it measures the speakers distance and it is spot on. When it was calibrating my subwoofer is sounded like someone was downstairs banging on my door.

Killzone 2 (PS3)(30 Min)

Tried this again with the new setup and the sound is done really well. I finally got to a part where you pilot a mech and I really enjoyed it then I was back on foot and meh turned if off. I will eventually finish this game but I wish the controls felt better.

House of the Dead Overkill (WII)(30 min)

I setup my Wii on the TV in the Living Room and wanted to try it out to see how well it would play with my gun and it was pretty much calibrated and felt nice. I have beat the game so now I am on the Director's Cut and the missions are longer and much harder since you start all over and have to re buy weapons and upgrades. This game is fun but I wish you could turn off the vulgar language as I just don't want to hear it. I did notice more slowdown in the DC than in normal play but it doesn't distract too much from the experience.

I bought Wii resort today so I'll have impressions up tomorrow. I've heard a lot of good things about this game and I needed another MP anyway so hopefully I'll get to play some tonight.

I also imported Demon Souls(PS3) from Asia today but it has full English voices and text. It's a rouge like dungeon crawler where if you're not careful any enemy can kill you. It does have a neat multi player component where you can write hints on walls then other adventurers can read it and if it was helpful they are able to rate it and you can gain a little health bump which is a neat concept. It's coming out in the US in October but I didn't want to wait as it could get pushed back but it looks like a game that I have been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment