Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Darksiders, Bayonetta,

What a great week for action-adventure gamers, usually there are no games in January but this year there are about 5 awesome games and even more in Feb and March. This week Darksiders and Bayonetta were released and I bought both of them through Amazon with release day shipping for free, if you order online through Amazon you need Amazon Prime. I got home around 6 and went to pick up the package on my front stoop and no package, I remember looking at the site in the morning and seeing that it was out for delivery so I look again and now it's "in transit". I looked at the history and it was out for delivery then "in transit" about an hour afterwards so I was confused and bothered that I wasn't going to get my package. Luckily around 6:30 the package arrived so I think they made a mistake and made up for it which was nice as my packages usually arrive around 2.

Darksiders (360) (1hr)

This is an action adventure game where you play as a one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse who thought the seventh seal was broken but wasn't so by coming early the earth is now doomed. The first section is filled with fantasical creatures and some great boss fights, it also plays similar to Zelda with puzzles and platforming. The moves that you pull off are very satisfying and great to watch the only thing I don't like is that they map the block button to the Right Bumper and I'm not a fan of that button but on Bayonetta the setup similar, oh well.

Bayonetta (360) (1.5hr)

Sarah Palin as an action star? This game is very hard to explain in that it is crazy. It's from the maker of Devil May Cry and that game was over the top when it came out but Bayonetta is 100 times more so. Guns in hand and on feet, check. Create butterflies when you land from a jump, check. Torture Kills, check. Hair as armour, check. From that hair create an enormous monster that will eat the boss enemy whole, check. I could go on and on.

If you like action games then this is a must buy, the combos are easy to pull off and the animations and moves are fun to watch. There is just so much going on that you will be overwhelmed but in control at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment