Monday, October 12, 2009

PC Classics, Madden 10, Risen

PC Classics

For some reason I got an itch to go and play some old PC games and Steam has some really good ones that I couldn't resist.

Quake 2

This is the game that I remember running my first FPS tests against and I can still remember the test video. I also remember being Wow'd when the first enemy shot at you and you could see the trail of his bullet, it was awesome. I played through the first 2 missions and I remembered them all even though I hadn't played in about 10 years.

Return to Castle Wolfenstien

I beat this game on the original Xbox and so I remembered this game as well and it does hold up. Most of the ID games the resolution goes to 1600x1200 and the graphics still look pretty good.

Doom 3 & Doom3 RTE

As you can tell I bought the ID collection on Steam and I got around 20 games, I got tired of waiting for another deal and decided to spend the money. I beat the original Doom 3 but never the expansion so I put some mods on and it crippled my frame rate. They added some graphical tweaks and I may have to take it off to play without frame drops.

Hitman Series

I also picked up 3 Hitman games for $10, that's the problem with Steam sales it is too easy to spend money. I want to try and play the series from the beginning as I never really played any of these. The first one is not that great graphically but plays okay but I am stuck at the first mission.

Madden 10 (360) (45min)

Played my league game and since it doesn't use any sliders I am really not liking it as you cannot run and it's pass all the time and I don't like it. The IPhone app
is out now if interested.

Risen (PC) (1hr)

I finished the first area and about to go to the city. I haven't ran across any bugs yet and it's running better on Windows 7 than Xp which is strange. This game is huge and I hope I keep playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment