Monday, October 19, 2009

A Boy and His Blob, Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, Demon's Souls

A Boy and His Blob (Wii) (45min)

This is a remake of an old game where you feed a blob beans which turns him into different items to help you collect 3 treasures which are hidden around each level.
It is a puzzle game with some light action events. I was a little confused at first as there really isn't a tutorial and of course I didn't read the manual. You feed your blob beans and, so far, he has turned into a trampoline, a hole, or a balloon.
The graphics look hand drawn and the lighting is well done.

Uncharted 2 (PS3) (5hr)

This game makes you want to play straight through with it's exceptional story. It is ten times better than any action movie this year and incomparable to the trash that was Land of the Lost. I am about 2/3 of the way through and there have been some really standout moments and some tough battles and I'm only playing the normal level and there are 2 more above that. I really want to try the coop and hope to this weekend with Joe and Jeremie. If you have a PS3 then you almost have to buy this game.

Brutal Legend (360) (2hr)

This game is losing momentum quickly. I really like the atmosphere, voicework, and music but I find myself not really having a lot of fun. I don't like the RTS part of the battles, I understand why they are there because it sounds like it could be fun building stages and merchandise booths and controlling different troops, but it just doesn't feel all there. I wish is was just a straight up action/adventure game.
It is worth renting and I wish I had done that.

Demon's Souls (PS3) (2hr)

Still plugging a way at this one and still dieing constantly but still enjoying it, wow, I could brew a lot with all of those stills. I have found a place where I can grind and level up so I should be able to gain a couple of levels within an hour. T

No comments:

Post a Comment