Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hue Lights, Last of Us Remastered, Gears of War 3

Phillips HUE Lights

Finally decided to pick up these lights even though they are very expensive.  The kit comes with 3 lights and a base station and that's $200, since i had 4 sconces I had to buy an extra light at $60.  The base can control up to 50 lights so I should only have to have one of those.  The lights themselves are LED and can change into 16 million different colors and can be controlled by your phone or my remote control.  It was easy to setup, plug the base into your router, install the lights, and then start up the app and press the button on the base and you are all set.

The IOS app works pretty well, it let's you set scenes which is basically a grouping of the lights with different color settings for each light.  You can take a picture then import it and set each light to a color on that picture which is cool, so you can really set the mood to the room if you take the time.  My Logitech remote can control the lights as well but it has minimal features, you can set about 6 colors and also set the dimness.  If you use the app in conjunction with the remote it works much better so you can set the lights how you want them with the app then assign that setting to a current activity on the remote and it will change appropriately, it all worked well once you get the pattern correct.

The lights themselves produce a bright light in their basic form.  If the lights are set to a color scheme a simple off and on of the light switch will reset the lights back to normal lights.  I setup my lights to come on when I get home and turn off when I leave the house or at midnight to
remind me it's time for bed.

I bought the Hue Disco app for $2 and it's well worth it. When I play Rock Band I turn on the disco mode and it randomly changes the lights based on the beat of the music so it adds a cool effect while playing which really makes the whole purchase worth it.

Last of Us Remastered (PS4)

I was able to trade in the PS3 version for $25 which made the new version half off and the DLC that I never bought is $15 so for $10 I get the refreshed game which wasn't that bad.  The game does look much better at 1080p and smoother since it runs at 60fps.  They added a photo mode so at any time you can pause the action and then you have full control of the camera and can add effects and take some really cool pictures.  There are a lot of options to it so you should be seeing some great pics from the game.  60fps really does make a difference in the feel of the game, all the actions have a nice and smooth transition and I wish the three Uncharted games would receive a remastered edition.
If you've never played the game and have a PS4 then this is a must have.

Gears of War 3(360)

I bought the game when it first came out, a couple of years ago, and didn't play it much even though I beat the other 2 GOW games at least 3 times a piece with different people.  It took about 4 days to finish the game and it was very enjoyable.  I still think 2 had the best story and some of the best set pieces of the series, the lava level, the rain sequence, and the brumack riding come to mind.  They tried once again to be dramatic in the story and it was ok I guess, for a game about shooting things they wanted you to think on things a little bit.


New Releases - Some good new releases this week.  Rouge Legacy on Vita and Last of US on PS4 my picks.

PC

The Room (download) - Pretty good IOS game not sure how it translates to PC.
Firefall (download)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (download) - Older Gamecube RPG coming to PC.

PlayStation 4

The Last of Us: Remastered - Traded in my PS3 copy which cut the cost to half price which is almost the price of the DLC I never got to play.
Rogue Legacy (download) - Great great game.
Pure Pool (download)

Xbox One

Pinball FX 2 (download)

PlayStation 3

Rogue Legacy (download)
WRC 4 FIA Rally Championship (download)

Wii U

Mega Man Battle Network (download)
XType Plus (download)

PlayStation Vita

Ratchet & Clank Collection - Tempted
LEGO Ninjago Nindroids
Rogue Legacy (download) - Perfect platform for this excellent game.  It is a great game.
WRC 4 FIA Rally Championship (download) - Got the PC version disappointed so far.

Nintendo 3DS

LEGO Ninjago Nindroids


http://countachrt.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment