Monday, February 3, 2014

GridIron Solitaire, Might and Magic X, Skryim, Basement

GridIron Solitaire (Steam)

I've been reading the Dubious Quality blog for over 4 years and he decided to make a game without any programming knowledge.   He's been working on it for 2 years and it's finally out and it's fantastic.  It's a solitaire card game that is based on American Football which doesn't sound that it would work, but the choices you make in the game feel like real football choices.  He is an expert on simulation football so the stats in the game are on par with real football.  At the end of the season you will have opportunities to improve various aspects of your team.  I've been playing for the last week and it's strange how tense you can get while reading text events.  It's $10 on Steam and well worth the money.

 
Might and Magic X 

I've played about an hour and it's been pretty fun so far.  I never really played the older games in the series but I did play the Eye of the Beholder games which were similar.  I've read some things about balance issues so I'm waiting on a patch or two before I really start my adventure.  It was in early access for awhile and was finally released last week.

Skyrim

I've finally found an ENB that I can use that is playable and makes Skyrim look incredible.  I'm using the Quietncool ENB and I'm getting about 40fps in high congested areas and 60 in interiors so it works well.  


Basement

Spent the weekend running my speakers and other AV wires, I am not built for that line of work.  I almost broke my finger while changing out a bit using a chuck.  I ran 20 different wires with most of them being in the crawlspace so I spent a lot of time on my knees and even though I had knee pads I'm very sore this morning.  I have a couple more to run and will need to finish quickly as they hope to have the drywall up by Friday.  Next up is the hard choices of what colors to use for the floor, tile, and paint.  I'm thinking I want a dark grey paint and grey carpet with some sort of texture.  I would like the screen wall to be black and at least part of the ceiling black so that it won't diminish my light output. 

No comments:

Post a Comment