Monday, February 24, 2014

Donkey Kong Tropcial Freeze, Banished DanganRopa

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (WiiU)

I don't play my WiiU very much mainly because there aren't many games for it but I read some great reviews of DK and thought I'd give it a try.  The game looks gorgeous and the music is awesome, I want to play some levels again just to hear the music which is something I've never done before.  The game play is difficult though and some of the check pointing is far off so I've had to replay a couple of sections repeatedly. Overall I'm enjoying my time and would recommend.

Banished (Steam)

I was really wanting a new Sim City and when it was announced I was pumped, but unfortunately is wasn't that great.  The first 8 hours were fun but then when you had to create a new city just to dump your garbage and it lost it's luster.  Banished still isn't the Sim City game I wanted but it adds some neat ideas to the genre that make it interesting. 

Banished is really about survival rather than building epic cities, it's focus is on creating a functioning town that will be able to endure fires, famines, and other realistic obstacles real people face everyday.  Do you have enough food, do you have enough fire wood to keep warm, it's all basic stuff but if you get greedy and over expand your city too quickly a catastrophe is waiting to happen.   The game was made by one person but it doesn't feel like it. There are a lot of building to create and different systems to understand so it's not a basic game, the tutorial took me almost an hour and I still have a couple left to do. 

It's $20 and it you are wanting a city building game and Sim City left you feeling upset give this game a try.

New Releases - Some interesting releases this week and a few new game for the new consoles.  I'm picking up Castlevania, Resident Evil 4, and Plants Vs. Zombies

DanganRopa Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Played through another case and the game is still entertaining.  It's about 20 hours long so I have a ways to go but they keep adding new and varied stuff to keep it interesting. 

PC

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (download - $15)  - Decent reviews
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (download) -  Really liked the first game and played the demo seemed fine.
Chuck's Challenge 3D (download - $10)
Pac-Man Museum (download)
Resident Evil 4 HD (download - $20)  -  One of my favorite games, hopefully the definitive version.
The Yawhg (download)
Thief -  Was tempted but read some bad reveiws will wait on a sale.

PlayStation 4

Basement Crawl (download)
Thief

Xbox One

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Thief

Xbox 360

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Pac-Man Museum (download)
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Thief

PlayStation 3

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Herc's Adventures (download - PSone Classic)
Magus
Pac-Man Museum (download)
Port Royale 3
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
Thief

Wii U

My Farm (download)

Nintendo 3DS

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Tappingo (download)

No comments:

Post a Comment