Monday, April 20, 2015

Mortal Kombat X, GTA 5 PC, Disc Golf, Bloodborne

Mortal Kombat X
  • The fastest selling Mortal Kombat game in history.
  • The most graphic Mortal Kombat game in history as well, some of the fatalities are way out there.
  • If you liked the last MK game then you will probably like this one as the games are pretty similar.
  • There is a new story campaign that adds quicktime events to some of the cinematics.  I enjoyed the last story campaign and this one is a bit shorter but still very entertaining.
  • The graphics looks sharper and the interactive backgrounds have a ton of detail and moving parts.
  • The Krypt is back which now plays like a first person dungeon crawl.  This is where you unlock fatalities, costumes, brutalities among other things.  I like the way it looks and watch out for wolfs and spiders.
  • They now have living towers which plays like the towers in the old games but adds random elements to each match.  Some are good while others are irritating. 
  • The big new feature is Factions which is basically a meta game where you pick a faction and every match you fight, online or offline adds to your factions point total and you get new things every week if your faction is in the lead. 
  • I had issues with my Mortal Kombat Fight stick on the PC with the last game as it didn't recognize it as a controller so I had  to map it to the keyboard.  The problem is the move list uses the keyboard keys to show you the moves so it took some extra thinking to remember how I had them mapped which was awful.  That is fixed in this version. 
  • So far I'm really enjoying the game, I'm not very good but I'm still trying out new characters to see which one I like the best and then I'll try online just to see how bad I am. 
GTA V PC
  • Not many games do I triple dip on and I probably shouldn't have for this game but I did.
  • I never finished the game on the previous consoles and we'll see if that trend holds up. 
  • The port is actually very good with a ton of graphical options and smooth controller to keyboard transitions.  I need to see if it works with my steering wheel. 
  • After the initial load the loading times are minimal when switching between characters. 
  • The graphics are amazing and detailed especially in FPS mode. The increased frame rate really helps that mode as it feels smoother and not as janky.  
  • They added a new radio station and the ability to use your own music and have the DJ or ads interjecting between songs which is cool.  I did have some slowdown using that feature though, I was using shortcuts to my music drive which could be the issue.
  • They also added a video maker so you have total control of the camera and can add people from the single player game into any scene so there should be some crazy videos coming out of the game.  
  • I knew that I should have waited for the PC version.  It did take over a year after the initial release but they did add a ton of features and graphical updates to make this the definitive version
Disc Golf
  • I think I'm pretty much addicted to the sport at this point as I've been playing at least 2 times a week.
  • I went to my parents house this weekend and spent a couple of hours practicing and probably threw 200 discs during the day. Unfortunately it didn't show when I played yesterday in my loss to Mitch.  
  • I upgraded my discs which are more durable than my starter kit which have all kinds of dings and scratches. 
  • If you've never tried Disc Golf you should give it a chance it's easy to play and good exercise with a chance of frustration. 
Bloodborne
  • Still dying away at Bloodborne.  I think I'm about 3/4 of the way through and a little lost at this point on which way to go. 
  • I've opened up more doors which shows how interconnected the world is and it's impressive. 
  • The patch to improve loading times is coming before the months end but they did not say how much it shortens them.
  • This game is really fun to talk about as there are a lot of secrets to find.  Each person I've talked to has faced different bosses at different times so each experience is a bit different, except the dying one. 
​New Releases​ - Quite a few PC releases but nothing major.  Shovel Knight would be my pick this week with DRAGON: A Game About a Dragon and Tea Party Simulator 2015 as runner ups.

PC

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (download - $10) - Not sure what this is
Dungeons 2 (download - $40)
Slow Down, Bull (download)
Fermi's Path (download)
Bloodbath Kavkaz (download)
Wild Frontera (download)
Highlands (download)
WE ARE DOOMED (download)
Kiai Resonance (download)
Convoy (download)
The Clans - Saga of the Twins (download)
Airport Simulator 2015 (download)
Will Fight for Food: Super Actual Sellout: Game of the Hour (download)
Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 (download)
Ghost in the Machine (download)
Kalimba (download)
Environmental Station Alpha (download)
Tea Party Simulator 2015 (download)
Mind Snares: Alice's Journey (download)
Hypt (download)
Siralim (download)
DRAGON: A Game About a Dragon (download)
Ballads of Reemus: When the Bed Bites (download)

PlayStation 4

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (download - $10)
Shovel Knight (download)
Ziggurat (download)
L.A. Cops (download)
Infinity Runner (download)

Xbox One

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (download - $10)
Infinity Runner (download)

PlayStation 3

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Shovel Knight (download)

Wii U

Mario Kart DS (download - Virtual Console)

Vita

Shovel Knight (download)

No comments:

Post a Comment