Friday, April 3, 2015

Bloodborne, Disc Golf, Axiom Verge

Bloodborne
  • It's about all I played this weekend, probably put in around 15 hours and still loving the game. 
  • I've beaten around 8 bosses but only one on the first try and that felt good.  One boss took about 8 trips and when I finally downed them there was much elation. 
  • I'm debating on whether I want to replace my PS4 hard drive as it's almost full and I would like to see how much a hybrid drive speeds up loading times.  500GB is way too small. 
  • There are so many secrets in the game that I did have to visit a wiki and even then the community isn't sure on a lot of things so it's fun to be in on the early game.
  • At one point I noticed that all the enemies were getting stronger and had different move sets also some special enemies would appear in the world.  There is a resource in the world called insight that at first allows you to see a doll that comes to life so that you can upgrade your character.  Other levels do different things in the world and once you gain over 40 then the game gets harder with what I saw in my play through. 
  • I opened my first Chalice dungeon which are the randomly generated dungeons and it was really cool.  There are instances that you may need to farm resources except XP and the chalice dungeons are perfect since they are random. 
  • I'm not sure how far I'm through the game but there are NG+ so you could easily put in hundreds of hours.
Disc Golf (Outside)
  • Yes, I finally did go outside my ManCave and have been playing Disc golf.
  • I was interested in playing for real after playing it on the PS3 in the game Sports Champions which was really fun.
  • I've played two rounds out at Burns Park and I really like it. 
  • Each round takes about an hour to an hour and a half so a round goes by quick.
  • I bought a basic Disc set just to make sure that I would like it and now I think I'll need to buy a better set.
  • The course layout is the hardest part of the game as you really need a guide the first time you play or you will get lost.
  • Mitch has won both rounds so far but I did tie him on the second round and lost on the sudden death hole by about 2 inches.
  • It's a fun and surprisingly popular sport that is easy to play and is relatively cheap.  The courses are free so the only cost is in the discs and you can make that as inexpensive as you want.
  • They actually had a vending machine at the course that let you buy discs from $10 to $30. 
Axiom Verge (PS4)
  • I've only played about an hour but it brings back memories of the original Metroid.
  • The tile set, enemies, and even running to the left to start out will be very familair to Metroid fans.
  • They game is more focused on fighting so there are a ton of weapons and hidden secrets to find.
  • It was made by one person but the games length is around 12-19 hours. 
  • The music is really great as well. 
New Releases - A couple of good ones this week on PS4.  Axiom Verge and The Show.  RBI Baseball makes a return this year as well. 

PC

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (download - $40)
Paperbound (download)
Bloodsports.TV (download - $10)
Attack of the Labyrinth (download)
The Spatials (download)
Gravilon (download)
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure (download)
Joe's Diner (download)
Motivational Growth (download)
Make it indie! (download)
Jaques Roque (download)
Wildlife Park (download)
Shutter (download)
VoidExpanse (download)
Finding Teddy 2 (download)
Out There: Ω Edition (download)
Crazy Steam Bros (download)
Reverse Side (download)

PlayStation 4

MLB 15: The Show
Toukiden Kiwami
Axiom Verge (download)
Paperbound (download)
R.B.I. Baseball 15 (download)
Woah Dave! (download)
Rack n Ruin (download)

Xbox One

Neverwinter

PlayStation 3

MLB 15: The Show
Anna: Extended Edition (download)
MX vs ATV Untamed (download - PS2 Classic)
Shadow Tower (download - PS1 Classic)
Tabletop Cricket (download)

Wii U

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (download)

Vita

MLB 15: The Show
Toukiden Kiwami
Run Sackboy Run (download)
Doodle Kingdom (download)

Nintendo 3DS

Story of Seasons

No comments:

Post a Comment