Friday, May 1, 2015

Borderlands: Handsome Collection, Dirt Rally, Upcoming games of May

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Xbone)
  • Game includes Borderlands 2 and the Prequel will all of the DLC which is a ton of content for $60, I wish it included the original Borderlands though.
  • Playing co-op with Chad, Mitch and his wife and having a ton of fun. 
  • With 4 players the enemies are tougher and the drop are supposedly better but we really haven't seen any great drops until last night.  They have been tweaking the drop rate the past couple of weeks so hopefully it will get better. 
  • Golden Keys are the way we are getting the best weapons and they are derived from Shift codes that Gearbox tweets out every couple of weeks and Mitch has been addicted to using those keys.
  • The game has run pretty smoothly, I do see some textures pop-in when loading new areas but other than that it runs at 60fps and 1080P.  
  • I've had some connection issues though and I'm not sure if it's the game or the Xbox One. The Xbox One multiplayer experience isn't anywhere near the Xbox 360 version which was pretty well perfect, not sure how they messed it up.
  • I did stream a bit of one game to twitch and it's not as easy as streaming on the PS4.  You have to open up the twitch app and then choose a bunch of options and it felt clunky.  On the PS4 you hit a button and it comes up and then you are off, so much easier. 
​Dirt Rally​ (Steam)
  • Out of nowhere this game gets released on Steam Early-Access and I couldn't be more excited.
  • I've always loved the Dirt games and really enjoyed the rally aspect and each version had less and less of those races so I'm glad to see Codemasters developing a game just on those races. 
  • Even though the game is early access there is a ton of content that easily justifies the $30 entry price. 20 cars and 36 tracks.
  • The game is more of a simulation than the other Dirt games so it is much harder and just staying on the road is tough.  It's more like Richard Burns Rally which is a good thing.
  • The FFB needs some work though as you really can't feel the road and other effects. It is early access so they are listening to the community and working on it which is how a great game gets made, listening to your users.  Some users did tweak a FFB .xml file which I used last night and make the game feel much better.
  • I finally hooked up my handbrake to my racing setup and used it for this game and it's awesome, I should have done that sooner. 
  • Racing at night was really awesome until I crashed my car into the side of a mountain and broke my headlights luckily I was almost to the end and made it to the finish in the dark.
Upcoming Games of May
  • Witcher 3 - Can't wait for this game it looks unbelievable. 
  • Project Cars - Pre-ordered and ready to race.
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Loved the first game.
  • Splatoon - A cool WIiU game.
  • Magika 2 - First game had some cool ideas.
  • Destiny DLC - So excited.   Not.....
  • Dragon Age Inquisition DLC - Need to get back to this game.


No comments:

Post a Comment