Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Call of Duty Edition

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare(Xbox One)
  • I've been debating on which console to pick the game for and I finally went with the Xbox One because of the early DLC.
  • The game finally feels next gen.  The graphics look crisp and the environments have a ton of detail, the character models look excellent.
  • The sound design is awesome. Each gun has a good thump when firing which keeps my sub woofer shaking my chair. 
  • I only played the first level of the campaign and that was while waiting for the disc to install.  Install times on the Xbox one are lengthy.
  • The biggest change to the game from previous versions is the mobility of moving around the map.  The exo suit you wear has a jet pack attached so you can double jump and dodge, it feels a bit like Titanfall without the wall running. 
  • It does take some time to get used to the new mobility but once you do traversing the map is really fun. No more stairs.
  • The faster movement does have a major drawback though, once you fire or kill an enemy you need to quickly be on guard as enemies seem to show up within seconds.  Before they might have been behind a wall now they just jump over so it.
  • The exo suit also has other powers that you can use.  I like using the shield so if I spot an enemy at the last second I hit the left bumper which activates the shield which gives me time to get behind cover.  I also use the silent footsteps which puts a damper on sound around you and lets me hear enemies easier.
  • When you build your different classes you have a ton of options.  Each gun, perk, kill streak, or attachment has a cost of one point and you have a total of 13 to setup as you like.  If you are not good at getting kill streaks then remove them and use those points to add more attachments to your guns or have multiple perks. 
  • I feel like there needs to be a more guns, I think there are 6 per class and they could use a few more.  You get different attachments for your guns by using them and completing challenges like head shots or hip kills, some of the challenges are tough and will take a lot of time to acquire. 
  • I'm level 33 out of 50 in multiplayer and played mostly team deathmatch and free for all. Those modes are still hectic with instant re-spawns so I die a lot. I've started playing the hardcore mode which does slow things up a bit and makes for more tactical game play.
  • The maps feel about the right size and I haven't played a map that I don't like out of the 13 total. 
  • While I was playing I kept remembering some of my favorite maps from the previous games and wish one year they would have an anniversary game with all the different multiplayer maps from every game like they are doing for the Halo Anniversary game out next week. 
  • My best kill so far was when I was in a double jump and the enemy did the same and I was able to kill him in mid-air and got a special achievement. 
Deals
  • The Best Buy Ultimate Gamer Club is still on this week so for an extra $30 you will get 20% off all new games for 2 years. 
  • If you are getting COD then get this deal it will knock off $12 off of COD.
New Releases - It's Call of Duty week so not much else releasing, the WiiU doesn't get COD   
PC

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (download - $60)
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (download - $15)
Depth (download - $25)
Defenders of Time (download)
World of Subways 1 - The Path (download)
Logistics Company (download)
A Bird Story (download)
Crowntakers (download - $15)
Gold Rush Anniversary (download)
QP Shooting - Dangerous (download)

PlayStation 4

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Rocksmith 2014 Edition
The Wolf Among Us (retail)
How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
MXGP
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (download)

Xbox One

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Rocksmith 2014 Edition
The Wolf Among Us (retail)

Xbox 360

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
The Wolf Among Us (retail)

PlayStation 3

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
The Wolf Among Us (retail)
MXGP
BlazeRush (download)
Snark Busters: High Society (download)

Wii U

Citizens of Earth (download)
The Swapper (download)
Sportsball (download)
Pier Solar and the Great Architects (download)

Vita

The Wolf Among Us (retail)
MXGP
Don't Die, Mr. Robot! (download)
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (download)

Nintendo 3DS

Harvest Moon: Lost Valley
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (download)

No comments:

Post a Comment