Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Super Smash Bros Brawl, Geometry Wars 3, Tales from the Borderlands, DA Inquistion

Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving and fun times with your families, hopefully you will also be able to get some game time in. 

Super Smash Brothers Brawl (WiiU)
  • Been getting some unbelievable reviews, I even saw a couple of 100's.  It's sold 3.4 million copies in the first week.
  • I bought the digital version and had to hookup an external hard drive to the WiiU since I was out of space and that process went smooth with no issues. 
  • I've only spent a couple of hours with the game and so far it has been awesome.
  • The game is beautiful and is 1080P at 60 fps so it's silky smooth.
  • The character roster is huge and there are a ton of modes and collectibles that should keep me busy for a while.
  • The only downside is the online play where I've had mixed experiences.  The first 10 games I played there was no lag then when I tried again last night the lag was so bad I had to just play single player. 
  • Nintendo has had some really great games this year and they ended with a bang. 
Geometry Wars 3(Steam)
  • If you like Geometry wars then you should like the 3rd version.
  • This time it really lives up to it's name, each stage is on a different geometric shape so you are no longer just playing on a square grid.
  • The meat of the game is in the adventure mode with 50 stages to complete.  Each stage has 3 stars to obtain and you need stars to progress to each level.
  • The game is tough and I'm stuck at the 10 stage needing 4 more stars. 
  • There is a classic mode that has the stages from the last game. 
  • There are of course leader boards for each mode so you can compete with your friends or the world.
  • I'm liking the game so far, it's a fun diversion to play when I'm not busy fighting dragons or honey badgers.
Tales from the Borderlands(PC)
  • Another game from Tell Tale studios, I can't wait for the Game of Thrones one.
  • This game is set in the Borderlands universe and is really good. The graphics look like the game and it has the same sense of humor which to me is a good thing. 
  • I really like how they took the game play from Borderlands and adjusted it to an adventure game.  The quick time events are done really well and the fight sequence at the beginning was really cool.  So far I haven't shot a gun which does feel a bit strange. 
Dragon Age Inquisition
  • About 18 hours in now and still just scratching the surface, this game is huge. 
  • For me the exploration has been the best part.  Each location is varied and has it's own distinct feeling and some of the views look amazing. 
  • So far the party chat hasn't been as good as the last game, they don't seem to chat as much. I haven't gathered all the party members yet so that could change.   I do like the Iron Bull character which I just opened up and he has made me chuckle a few times.
Far Cry 4(PC)
  • Really want to play, but the game has some stuttering issues that really bug me so I'm shelving it till those get resolved.
  • When I'm moving around the world or driving a vehicle the game will drop about 20 frames at certain points then go back to normal, it's very noticeable and not sure how it was not noticed before release. 
  • There is a workaround but it makes the textures default to the medium setting whch isn't ideal.
New Releases - Didn't expect this many releases this week.

​PC

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (download - $15)
If My Heart Had Wings (download)
Luna: Shattered Hearts: Episode 1 (download)
Reverse Side (download)
Space Salvager (download)
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon (download)
Joe Dever's Lone Wolf HD Remastered (download)
Emergency 5 - Deluxe Edition (download)
Wings of Vi (download)
Rugby Union Team Manager 2015 (download)
Foresight (download)

PlayStation 4

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (download - $15)
Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX (download)
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (download)
Speakeasy (download)
Thomas Was Alone (download)

Xbox One

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (download - $15)

Xbox 360

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (download - $15)

PlayStation 3

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (download - $15)
Boxing (download - PS1 Classic)

Wii U

Penguins of Madagascar
Thomas Was Alone (download)
Mario Pinball Land (download - Virtual Console)
Mighty Final Fight (download - Virtual Console)

Vita

Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX (download)
Pocket RPG (download)

Nintendo 3DS

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Penguins of Madagascar

No comments:

Post a Comment