Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Call of Duty: AW, Assassins Creed Unity

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbone)
  • I got hooked on multi-player over the weekend and put in about 12 hours, I have around 20 hours total now and finally reached level 50 and going to prestige. 
  • The game is just so fast with the new movement options that it's just crazy playing any match.  I play hardcore mode when I want to slow it down just a bit but even then it's like a car race.
  • In Free for all mode I think I die around every 20 seconds but I'm usually ranked in the top 3 after switching to use the BAL gun.  This mode is probably the most frantic COD mode that I've every played and it's awesome.  I do have to take breaks because my nerves can get a little frazzled after 10 matches. 
  • The released a patch that hits the Xbone today so I'll give it a try and hopefully it fixes some of the issues.
  • There are only 2 issues I have are bad spawns and some lag.  The spawns are horrible on Free for all especially the starting spawns as most times I'll be right next to someone so it's best just to duck down and start shooting.
  • I've been getting better at using the Simtek grenades and I'm not sure why you would use any other grenade,  They stick to enemies and the environment and I carry 2 so I get about 4 or 5 kills a match.  I even 2 kill cams last night using them. 
  • I've played a couple of more missions of the campaign and it's normal COD stuff but with a story that I can follow.  I need to try the co-op mode sometime as that seems like it would be fun. 

Assassins Creed Unity (PC)
  • Some pretty bad reviews of the game and most are related to technical issues.   The consoles have some pretty drastic frame rate drops and I've noticed some of that on the PC mostly with cut scenes. I have noticed some pop-in while running down the street, people would have clothes added to them when I approached them, but it wasn't too bad. 
  • I had almost everything cranked up and was getting around 50-60 fps, then I turned everything up to the max and get around 30 so I'm not sure which I will stick with.  The game looks amazing and the environments are really lifelike and the detail that went into them is outstanding.  Paris was a great place for the game to take place in. 
  • The streets are full of people and it does feel like a true town now with crowded markets and even when you run through houses you will see around 5-8 people so the next gen does bring more than just graphics. 
  • The movement is about the same as other AC games, they have added some new animations like when you dismount from climbing that I noticed immediately.
  • The combat feels better in the few fights that I've had, it feels like they have a better flow to the encounters.
  •  I haven't played enough to see if I like the main character but he seems like a dashing young man. 
  • If you like the AC games then you should pick it up after they release patches that fix the technical issues. 
New Releases - This and next week have some big games coming out.  The Halo Master Chief Collection is my pick of the week followed by Valkyria Chronicles a re-release on the PC.

PC

World of Warcraft: Warlods of Draenor
Assassin's Creed Unity (download - $60)
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (download - $30)
Valkyria Chronicles (download - $20)
Space Hulk: Ascension (download - $30)
Chariot (download)
This War of Mine (download)
Global ATC Simulator (download)
Desert Ashes (download)
Magnetic By Nature (download)
Why So Evil (download)
Get Off My Lawn! (download)
Toyboy Turbos (download - $15)
Deadlings - Rotten Edition (download)
Oort Online (download)
Deadstone (download)
Amphora (download)
Randal's Monday (download - $25)
The Sun and Moon (download)
Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
Frozen Synapse Prime (download)
QP Shooting - Dangerous!! (download)
Reverse Side (download)

PlayStation 4

Assassin's Creed Unity
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
Retro City Rampage DX (download)
Terraria (download)
Nano Assault Neo-X (download)

Xbox One

Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Assassin's Creed Unity
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Xbox 360

Assassin's Creed Rogue
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Digimon: All-Star Rumble

PlayStation 3

Assassin's Creed Rogue
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Digimon: All-Star Rumble
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
Retro City Rampage DX (download)

Wii U

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
A World of Keflings (download)
Tengami (download)

Vita

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Tales of Hearts R
Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
Senran Kagura: Bon Apetit!
Retro City Rampage DX (download)

Nintendo 3DS

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Picross e5 (download)
Pokemon Trading Card Game (download)

No comments:

Post a Comment