Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Destiny, Gauntlet, Wasteland 2, God of War Ascension, Plex

Destiny 
  • My desire to play is fading fast as there is just not much desirable content to keep me playing.
  • While the shooting mechanics, graphics, and sound design are top notch the game is just missing something.
  • The story doesn't make any sense and if you want to learn more about the lore you have to go to the Bungie site and read it there.
  • I'm level 16 and I want to at least get to level 20 so I can try some of the raid stuff but after that I may be done.
  • It is fun to play with friends and just shoot stuff but I can see that losing appeal quickly. 
  • Diablo can be compared the same way but that game has something special that Destiny lacks and hopefully in the coming expansions Bungie can fix the issues.
Gauntlet
  • A new spin on the old classic Gauntlet game from the developers of the Magika games.  It's awesome.
  • I saw some early videos and didn't think it looked that fun, I was wrong I played for 3 hours straight and had a blast.
  • There are 4 different characters to play as and you level them up individually by performing different task while playing.  You can also customize which special powers they have by using runes.
  • I started playing solo on the hard difficulty level and didn't make it very far it is a difficult game which is a good thing.  I backed it down to normal and still died a couple of times so you do need to be careful. 
  • I then played a co-op game with 2 other people and that's where the game really shines, it's co-op but it has a bit of competition.
  • The gold you collect is distributed equally to every player but it keeps track of how much each player finds and rewards the person with the most gold collected. 
  • There is also one crown that is in each level that gives extra gold so only one player can wear it, but if that player gets hit then the crown flies off and then it's a race to see who gets it. 
  • When a person dies they do get resurrected after so many seconds and where there body dies they do leave gold so you can get extra gold that way so there is some strategy when you see a person getting low on health to maybe pick up the piece of chicken before they do. A little mean.....maybe.
  • I didn't expect to like the game so much but it's been great.  Each character has different attacks and each one uses different buttons on the controller so no two characters play the same way.  The mage for example has to hit two buttons for different spells while the archer uses the right analog stick to shoot, since each character is leveled up separately this keeps the game from getting stale.
  • You can get it from Greenmangaming with a 25% code for $15 which redeems on Steam.
Wasteland 2
  • The original Wasteland was the pre-cursor for Fallout franchise and this game could be considered as the real Fallout 3.
  • It's a free roaming RPG with some pretty fun turn based combat. 
  • I've put about 3 hours into the game and so far have enjoyed my time. 
  • There is a lot of reading, but the story is interesting and well written so it's not a slog.
  • The combat is interesting as well as I have a well rounded group that uses pistols, snipers, shotguns, and barbed wire wound bats so there is a lot of strategy in each combat situation.
God of War Ascension
  • I've finished every one of the God of War games except this one and it's the weakest of the bunch even the PSP games. God of War 3 was epic in every way and this game tries to emulate it but fails short.  The boss battles were amazing in 3 and the very first big battle of Ascension tries to start off with a bang fighting a monster the size of a mountain but there is something that is off.
  • My biggest issue is the controls as I find that blocking doesn't work all the time.  I think it's due to the animations so if I'm attacking and I see an enemy start to attack I hit the block button but the animation of my attack is too slow so the block in not in time and I get hit.  This has happened a lot and annoys me.
  • I will finish the game but it's not a joy as the other games were.  Hopefully it gets better.
Plex

  • I bought the lifetime subscription mainly just to support the product as I think it's great, but the sub gives you a couple of cool features as well. I can sync movies and music to my phone from the Plex Library and it will copy my photos from my phone to Plex automatically. 
  • The price is $79 for the next week then it's going to double in price.  They are adding quite a few new features so if you thought about subscribing now is the time. 
New Releases -Tons of games releasing this week.   My Pick - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

PC

FIFA 15 (download - $60)
Gauntlet (download - $20)
Stronghold Crusader 2 (download - $50)
Defense Grid 2 (download - $25)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (download - $20)
Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies (download - free-to-play) Neverending Nightmares (download)Ancient Space (download)
Magicmaker (download)
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery: Episode 2 (download - $4)
Schrodiner's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark (download)
TransOcean - The Shipping Company (download)
Runaway Express Mystery (download)
Moorhuhn: Tiger and Chicken (download)
Roadside Assistance Simulator (download)
Kraven Manor (download)
Tesla Breaks the World! (download)

PlayStation 4

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)
FIFA 15
Defense Grid 2 (download - $25)
CastleStorm: Definitive Edition (download)

Xbox One

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)
FIFA 15
Killer Instinct Combo Breaker Pack (retail)
Defense Grid 2 (download - $25)

Xbox 360

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)
FIFA 15
Slender: The Arrival (download)

PlayStation 3

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)
FIFA 15
Ar Nosurge Ode to an Unborn Star
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
Slender: The Arrival (download)
Wall-E (download)

Wii U

Hyrule Warriors
Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)
Mario Golf: Advance Tour (download)

Vita

FIFA 15
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
Frozen Synapse Prime (download)

Nintendo 3DS

FIFA 15​

No comments:

Post a Comment