Thursday, September 4, 2014

Madden 15(Update), Diablo 3, Upcoming Games

Madden 15 (PS4)

I've played about 10 games so far and the game has some flaws but it's still the best Madden I've played in years.  I've been testing out some sliders and found a set that I really like that are challenging but not overwhelming.  There are two major issues though that can't be fixed by sliders and need to be addressed in a patch, they are CPU QB accuracy and sacks. With the new defensive mechanics this year I really like playing the OL on every down, but my defense can sack the QB more than 5 times a game which is way too much.  The issue is the CPU QB holds onto the ball too long and doesn't throw the ball away. The CPU QB's are far too accurate even rookies can complete around 90% of their passes.  There is a slider for QB accuracy, but when you lower that stat it seems to make the sack issue worse. 

I have noticed though that when you play the game at the Fast speed setting the AI plays much better and the QB will actually get rid of the ball more frequently.  I think the blocking is better as well especially run blocking.  When I was playing on the slow speed my runs to the outside were usually met with a couple of defenders in the backfield but on fast it seems my blockers are able to hold the blocks just long enough for me to get around the edge.  Also the animations seem to be better, on fast I didn't  see as many of the awkward positions the players can get into during pileups.

Diablo 3 (PS4)

I'm about in the middle of Act 2 and level 34 with my crusader on the expert difficulty.  The game is just awesome and it's extremely addicting.  I've died at least once each session that I've played so I do suggest playing on the expert level as it feels to be the right amount of difficulty to keep the combat interesting.  I'm changing up my abilities quite a bit during each sessions trying to find new combinations of them to decimate enemies.  My favorite move of the crusader is where you jump into the air and then come down with your sword and smash into the enemies sending them flying.  The game feels so much better playing laid back on my recliners than huddling over my keyboard and mouse. 

Last night I finally noticed that some of my legendary drops are actually gifts for friends.  In order to send them to your friends you need to go into the menu where your potions and gems are and from there it lists the item and which friend it is for and then you can email them a legendary item which is a cool feature. 

Upcoming Games

Minecraft PS4/Xbox One -  Friday
Destiny                             - Sept 9
NHL 15                             - Sept 9
Fable Anniversary            - Sept 13
Wasteland 2(PC)             - Sept 19
Fifa 15                              - Sept 23
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter    - Sept 26
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Sept 30
Forza Horizon 2                           - Sept 30


New Releases - Not that many releases due to the holiday, Destiny hits next week.  Dead Rising on on the PC and it was a decent game.

PC

The Sims 4 (download - $60) - Another version of the Sims, hope it doesn't have issues like Sim City.
Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition (download - $50) 
Hatoful Boyfriend (download - $10)
Train Fever (download - $35)
Runers (download)
Hexcells Infinite (download)
Recycle (download)
Orborun (download)

PlayStation 4

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
Velocity 2X (download)

Xbox One

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
Dance Central Spotlight (download - $10)
Warframe (download - free-to-play)

PlayStation 3

Mega Man X4 (download)
Deathmatch Village (download)

Wii U

Cubemen 2 (download)
Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight (download)
Nobunga's Ambition (download)

Vita

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - Really liked the first one and I still need to finish that game.
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
Velocity 2X (download)
Deathmatch Village (download)
Joe Danger (download)
Don't Starve: Giant Edition (download)
Mega Man X4 (download)

Nintendo 3DS

Tappingo 2 (download)

No comments:

Post a Comment