Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Shadow Warrior, GTA V

Shadow Warrior  - It's fast, fun, and full of body parts.

I bought the remake of the original game and wasn't really that impressed so I didn't play too much of it.  This version is a re-envisioning of the original game and it's awesome. You play as Lo Wang who has some great one liners and whose main weapon is a sword.  With that sword you are able to dismember your enemies in many gruesome ways.  I didn't notice until I played a couple of hours that there was a setting that allowed you to have full control over which direction you swing your sword, once I turned that on it made the combat a little more strategic as I was able to chop off the arms of a boss who was firing rockets at me. 

The game feels like the original Doom games where movement is fast and there are a ton of enemies to destroy.  You can hold multiple weapons and so far I have a Katana, Pistol, Machine Gun, and a crossbow and when you mix those with different sci-fi powers you have a fun arsenal to use.  There are a ton of secrets to find and some of the bigger ones have areas that look like the original game with very blocky textures, I've also found a strange girl who is always sitting in a bathtub giggling, strange.
The game looks great and it has an Asian vibe so the scenery is very colorful especially filled with the blood of my enemies.  Parts of the environment are destructible which makes it fun to enter a house and destroy the furniture and display cases. 

Overall the game has been a ton of fun and I'm about half way through after 5 hours of playing so there is a decent length to the game.  You are scored at the end of each level so there is some replay value. 


GTA V - GTA ONLINE STARTS TODAY

I think I've put around 20 hours into the game so far and I'm about 30% done so there is a lot to do in GTA 5.  I've been mixing story missions with exploring the environment and have ran across multiple random events, one which netted me $100,000 in stocks.  The missions themselves have been hit or miss, there have been some forced shooting segments with a ton of enemies and without lock-on targeting it's too hard but with the lock-on it's almost too easy.  I loved the combat in Max Payne 3 and I thought they were using that as a base but so far it's probably the weakest part of the game.  I'm not sure how much of the map I've uncovered but sometimes I just pick a point and drive to it usually on a motorcycle or a dune buggy which are really fun to drive.  I played the tennis mini-game and it was a full set

The online portion comes out today and there are server problems so I may wait a couple of days for the fervor to die down. 


New Releases - Not too many releases this week which is good because I have a lot to play.

​PC
Agarest: Generations of War (download - $20)
Air Conflicts: Vietnam (download - $30)
Arma Tactics (download - $8.99)
Espana 1936 (download)
F1 2013 (download)
Flashback (download - $10)  -  I loved this game back in the day this remake isn't that great from what I've read. 
Little Trus Man (download - $5)
NBA 2K14

Xbox 360
Extinction Agenda EX (XBLA - $15)
NBA 2K14

PlayStation 3
Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (PS2 Classics)
Flashback (PSN - $10)
NBA 2K14
Pro Foosball (PSN) -  Where's the amateur version?
Rain (download - $30)  -  Looking forward to this, I've read very little but it looks interesting.
Skydive: Proximity Flight (PSN - $20)

Vita
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland (PSN)
Die!Die!Die! (PSN)

Nintendo 3DS
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Rune Factory 4​  -  Look out Joe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment