Monday, October 21, 2013

Next Gen, Shadow Warrior

Next Gen

I'm not sure if I really want to buy a next gen console at launch.  I rarely play my consoles now unless it's an exclusive game that isn't on the PC and looking at the exclusive launch titles there really isn't a compelling reason to get either console.   I did buy Madden 25 and planned on upgrading it to the Xbone version for $10 but from the videos I've seen it doesn't look like it's much of an upgrade, hopefully I'm wrong.   I don't have cable or satellite so all the TV features of the Xbone are lost on me.  I would like to play Forza 5 but since my new wheel is not supported my interest is low.  The PS4 has Killzone and it's ok I've played all of them but only finished the second one.  I do want to play the next Naughty Dog game but there hasn't been any information at all so that will be next year some time.  Since neither is backwards compatible I'll still have to have my older boxes connected which just adds clutter.  

I am a gadget freak so that part of me wants the new thing so that could make me go ahead and buy them now.  Did Microsoft learn their lesson on the Red Ring?  I hope so.

Shadow Warrior

I thought that I was on the last chapter a few blogs ago but I wasn't even close, I was on Chapter 11 out of 17 so there was a lot of game play left.  I did finish the game last week and thought it was a great game,  I did get frustrated a couple of times as some of the last battles were extremely tough as they put you into a huge open area and just kept throwing enemies at you. They also needed to mix up the boss fights as most of them felt the same.  Other than that the game was great and I'm looking forward to other games the developer makes.

New Releases  - A new Commodore 64 game is being released this week along with a ton of other games.

PC

Batman: Arkham Origins  -  Trying to decide if I want to get another video card as this game comes free with a purchase.  I've loved the previous games.
Defense Technica (download)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - Really liked the game and will upgrade to this version for $5, a no brainer.
Eldritch (download - $15)  -  Already bought and it's a first person rouge-like in a minecraft looking world.
Ethan: Meteor Hunter (download - $10)
How to Survive (download)  -  Intriguied
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst (download)
Path of Exile (free-to-play)
Rocksmith 2014 Edition -  Probably going to get this version as the lag is supposedly gone plus there is a backing band option.
The Dark Eye: Demonicon
The Sims 3: Into the Future
Warface (free-to-play)

Commodore 64
Super Bread Box

Xbox 360

Batman: Arkham Origins
How to Survive (XBLA)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Just Dance Kids 2014
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst
Rocksmith 2014 Edition
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

PlayStation 3

Alien Rage (PSN - $20)
Batman: Arkham Origins
Beer Pong! (PSN)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Ethan: Meteor Hunter (PSN - $10)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Magrunner: Dark Pulse (PSN - $10)
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst
Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Wii U

Batman: Arkham Origins
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Just Dance Kids 2014
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Wii Party U

Wii

Just Dance Kids 2014
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Vita

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate  - Probably going to get this game as well.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Nintendo 3DS

Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut (eShop - $2)
Hometown Story
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Nintendo DS
Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut (DSiWare - $2)

No comments:

Post a Comment