Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Dark Souls 3, Enter the Gungeon, Hyper Light Drifter, Quanturm Break

Still no Rift yet expected ship date maybe next week.

Dark Souls 3

  • Another Dark Souls game.  Either you love them or hate them.
  • I put in about 5 hours last night and died about 30 times so it's slow going but I like it.  
  • I'm on the PC and it's runs smoothly and looks great, I've read reports of some slowdown on the consoles.
  • The game seems a bit more streamlined so it may be a bit easier for newcomers to tackle, it's still is full of mystery but they do explain a bit more of what and where you need to go and do. 
  • The speed of the game/combat is between DS1 and Bloodborne which feels great.
  • The eneimes and bosses so far have been interesting and brutal. 
  • Man these games are sooooo good and different from everything else that is made today.  

Enter the Gungeon

  • Rogue-like twin stick shooter where each enemy is a type of bullet, the game has a really cool style.  Flipping over tables to provide cover is cool.  
  • I wish it had some sort of progression like Rouge Legacy.  It has random drops which do expand over time but if you don't get a good weapon on the first level it makes it tough to go much farther.  
  • After 2 hours I've only got to the second level once.  
  • I think they need to do a bit more re-balancing and this game would be perfect. 

Hyper Light Drifter

  • A really cool looking tough isometric action RPG. .
  • The graphics are 8-bit but look amazing.
  • There is no text in the game and no English is spoken, you only see pictures when you speak to NPC's so there is some mystery in the game.
  • The combat is fast and fluid but tough as you only have about 5 hit points starting out so you must be cautious. 

Quantum Break

  • I've only spent about 30 minutes playing but I'm not sure I'm going to like this game.
  • The controls do not feel good, they are floaty and I haven't even tried combat yet. I've tried changing the sensitivity but something is just off.
  • I really liked Alan Wake so I had high hopes for this game but it's not starting off well.  

Rocket League

  • Still going strong, playing at least an hour or two a day.
  • The basketball mode is coming this month which looks interesting. 


New Releases - Of course Dark Souls 3 is my pick of the week but I also picked up Ratchet & Clank.

PC

Dark Souls III
Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
Stories: The Paths of Destinies


PS4

Dark Souls III
Ratchet & Clank
Risk of Rain
Samurai Warriors 4 Empires
Stories: The Paths of Destinies

XB1

Dark Souls III

WiiU

Terraria

3DS

Bravely Second: End Layer

Vita

Risk of Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment