Thursday, September 3, 2015

Until Dawn, Mad Max, Metal Gear Solid V, New PC

Until Dawn (PS4)
  • Do you like horror movies?  Did you like the Butterfly Effect?  Do you like choices? Do you like QTE's? 
  • The game is basically a horror game where your goal is to keep everyone alive. 
  • It plays like Heavy Rain which I really liked, so it's a story driven game with some interactive elements.
  • There are tons of player choices which will alter the story and the game has multiple endings.
  • I think this game is the ultimate party game where it's best if you have a group of friends watching the game, making decisions, and scream because of those decisions.  There are times when it cuts to you being asked questions by a psychiatrist asking what you are scared of and other strange questions that I assume tailors the enemies and situations based on your answers. 
  • There are a ton of jump scares and if you have the playstation camera it will take pictures while you are playing and capture the moments during the scares and impose that on the screen which is an awesome feature.  I am tempted to buy the camera just for this game.
  • I've only played about 2 hours and have really enjoyed the game so far,  There have already been 4 or 5 jump scares that caught me off guard and I may have jump/screamed a little. 
Mad Max(Steam)
  • The game isn't related to the movie which came out this year and the main character doesn't look like Mel or Tom but he does fit the Mad Max mold. 
  • I was really impressed with the graphics so clean and crisp and the draw distances are amazing.  I have every setting maxed and I'm at 128 fps so it's a good port.  It was developed by Waner Brothers whose previous release, Batman,  was awful and still not fixed. 
  • The combat is modeled after Batman and has some extra features like charge attacks and some of the take downs are pretty violent   You do have a gun but ammo is limited. 
  • The main part of the game involves your car which you are building it up from scratch.  The first real mission has you getting a body for your car.  The car combat feels ok so far but I really haven't done much but ram people into rocks.
  • From reviews that I've read it's says the secondary missions aren't very compelling but I'll have to judge myself.  The game seems large as well over 30 hours I think.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Steam)
  • So many games so little time.
  • I played through the prologue which as about an hour and a half and it was awesome.  The graphics are clean and sharp on PC it's one of the best looking titles of this generation. 
  • The story starts out crazy and I never knew what to expect as it kept throwing more and more awesome things at me.
  • Once that is complete the main game begins and it's been referred to as the Far Cry 4 stealth game as it's open world, huge open world, where you do what you want when you want.
  • I just got to that part when I stopped but I did ride my horse for bout 5 minutes and it felt great.
  • I looked at my completion stat after finishing the prologue and it said 1% so this is a huge game. one reviewer is only 10% through and he's played 18 hours so another long game.
  • There aren't 30-40 minute cutscenes in this one like MG4 it's more like Peacewalker. 
  • I am interested to see how the game plays out as it's the last true Metal Gear game. 
PC
  • I did upgrade my PC last week and only had one issue.
  • The night before I had taken apart my PC to get ready for the new components and I couldn't find the parts that held the CPU cooler to my motherboard.  I spent and hour or more searching and could never find it so I went and bought a new water cooler.  I did have some small issues with the placement of the fans and the cooler radiator, but overall it was very easy to install.
  • I did some research on the best way to get good air flow through my case and that's a science that goes deep.  I ended up with 3 fans and I took out my top Hard drive cage.
  • Once everything was installed I fired it up and it worked without issues.
  • I reinstalled Windows 10 for the 3rd time and had to call to get my activation code which I said I had it on 2 computers which made me have to call again, luckily they don't save that info.
  • I booted up some games and I did see about a 10-15 fps improvement in the Witcher 3, GTA V and Far Cry 4.  I'm not sure if it was the new components or if the airflow was my problem as the graphics card will throttle down if it gets too hot.  I was pleased.
  • I really like my motherboard and the GUI setup is very easy to use and overclocking the board is done by turning a dial on the motherboard. I overclocked my CPU to 4.3Ghz and haven't had any issues.
New Releases - A couple of big releases this week.  Metal Gear Solid V will be the last one written and directed by Kojima.  The PC version was supposed to come out 2 weeks later but the developers didn't take a summer vacation so it's out at the same time.  Stasis looks interesting a horror game from an isometric view.  Dragonroppa and SteinsGate for vita are some other neat looking titles.
​PC

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (download - $60)
Mad Max (download - $60)
Company of Heroes 2 - The British Forces (download - $13)
Act of Aggression (download - $45)
Rememoried (download)
Stasis (download)
Deliverance (download)
Steamalot: Epoch's Journey (download)
Close Your Eyes (download - free-to-play)
Immortal Defense
Trigonarium (download)
Nobunga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence (download)
iZBOT (download)
Renowned Explorers: International Society (download)
Raiden IV: Overkill (download)
Gunman Clive 2 (download)

PlayStation 4

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Mad Max
Far Cry 4 Complete Edition
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Nobunga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
Super Time Force Ultra (download - free for PlayStation Plus)
Grow Home (download - free for PlayStation Plus)
Xeodrifter (download - free for PlayStation Plus)
Armello (download)
Zombie Vikings (download)

Xbox One

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Mad Max
Far Cry 4 Complete Edition
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
The Deer God (download - free for Xbox Live Gold)
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse (download)
Nightmares From The Deep: The Cursed Heart (download)
Quest of Dungeons (download)
Super Toy Cars (download)

Xbox 360

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

PlayStation 3

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Steins;Gate
Nobunga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence (download)

Wii U

Year Walk (download)
Gunman Clive HD Collection (download)
Vs. Excitebike (download - Wii U Virtual Console)

Vita

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Steins;Gate
Super Time Force Ultra (download)
Xeodrifter (download)​

No comments:

Post a Comment