Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Newegg, Rocket League, PC, WD Cloud EX2

Sorry my blog has been absent for the past several weeks not many games coming out and I've mostly been playing Rocket League but Madden releases this week which starts the fall release and it's going to get crazy around here.

Newegg
  • Want to give them a thumbs up this week.
  • When I bought my graphics card it came with a free copy of Batman Arkham Knight. The game is still broken.
  • Luckily I was able to get a free copy of Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain just by using their Chat system and my order numbers. Kudos to them.
Rocket League
  • I've put in around 60-70 hours with this game and still not close to being tired of it.
  • I'm always playing a match and thinking it will be my last one for the night but just have to go one more.
  • The DLC is okay just more cosmetics and a couple of cars.  All stadiums will be free which is a good thing. 
  • I like the soundtrack as well and will probably purchase that soon. 
PC
  • For the past week my PC has been acting strange and having problems booting and yesterday it would not boot at all.  It would just start and spin the fans then stop again in a repeated loop so I decided to upgrade to the new Skylake suite of products.
  • I bought this board MSI Z170A GAMING M7, i5-6600k, and 16GB of DDR 4 ram which should be here today.
WD Cloud EX2
  • I've been thinking about buying a NAS for awhile now.  I bought a Seagate 5TB external drive recently and have had some problems with it so I decided to try out the WD Home Nas.
  • It connects to your network and I can access it through my PC or my tablet.
  • It was easy to setup and I did forgo the RAID 1 option and am using RAID 0 and splitting the files across 2 drives.  I am basically using it as a media server. 
  • It does have the Plex server app, but if you need to transcode any videos the NAS is just too slow so I'm still using my small desktop to run the server.  Streaming form the Plex server is fast with no hiccups while playing videos.
  • So far I'm pretty impressed with how easy it is to setup and start sharing files. 
 
New Releases -  I am picking up Madden and will only pay $18 after trading in last years version and all the benefits of that from Best Buy.  The Best Buy Gamers Club is a really good deal.  Also Until Dawn comes out this week which looks really intersting and if you've never played Dishonoured then the definitive version is out this week and you really should pick it up.  Great game. Oh and if you have kids Disney Infinity 3.0 is out as well.  One more game is the Gears of War 1 remake.  I'd pick it up if was all 3 but just the first one I'll wait.
PC
 
Mega Man Legacy Collection (download - $15)
Capsule Force (download)
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (download - $50)
Evoland 2 (download)
Crookz - The Big Heist (download - $30)
Nova-111 (download)
Planet of the Eyes (download)
Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire (download)
Nyctophobia (download)
Party Hard (download)
Coated (download)
Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients (download)
Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge (download)
Fish or Die (download)
Kult: Heretic Kingdoms (download)
Sound Shift (download)
Lamia Must Die (download - free-to-play)
Dead in Bermuda (download)
Fran Bow (download)
Country Tales (download)
Calvino Noir (download)
Iggy's Egg Adventure (download)
Caveman Craig (download)
Mountain Crime: Requital (download)
Xenocide (download)
Close Your Eyes (download - free-to-play)
Razenroth (download)

PlayStation 4
 Madden NFL 16
Disney Infinity 3.0
Until Dawn
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Mega Man Legacy Collection (download - $15)
Capsule Force (download)
I Am Bread (download)
Calvino Noir (download)
Nova-111 (download)
Ascendant (download)
Back to Bed (download)
VVVVVV (download)

Xbox One
 Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Madden NFL 16
Disney Infinity 3.0
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Mega Man Legacy Collection (download - $15)

Xbox 360
 Madden NFL 16
Disney Infinity 3.0

PlayStation 3
 Madden NFL 16
Disney Infinity 3.0
Steins;Gate (download)
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (download)
Back to Bed (download)

Wii U
 Disney Infinity 3.0
Runbow (download)

Vita
 Steins;Gate (download)
Amnesia: Memories (download)
Back to Bed (download)
VVVVVV (download)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment