Monday, June 23, 2014

Wolfenstein, SVS Sub, Bulletstorm, Steam Sale

Wolfenstein: The New Order

I finished the game over the weekend and clocked in around 15 hours so it's a lot longer than most FPS.  I still need to go back and see if the differences based on the choice i made earlier in the game.   I really enjoyed it and think it's one of the best FPS games I've played in a while.  The stealth is done very well and it's optional, you can use it or not.  Near the end of the game there were two places that got frustrating and I eventually turned down the difficulty to get past them.  I also liked the story which is something you never really think about too much in FPS but it was engaging and had a good ending.  I highly recommend the game to anyone who likes FPS games, it's one of my favorites. 

SVS PC12 Plus

My new subwoofer went out again, a second time, so instead of getting new parts or a complete replacement I went with a new better sub.  The new sub is cylinder shaped so it doesn't take as much floor space, but it is 39" high so it's about the same height as my floor standing speakers, it looks like a black hot water heater.  I need to burn it in which takes about 100 hours but it
sounds awesome so far.  I can already tell the difference between this and the other sub, the sound is much deeper and cleaner.  I did setup my Klipsch as a 2nd sub just to see if I like it and after playing Rock Band for an hour I overheated my receiver, I did up the volume to the subs by about 3 decibels which was a little overkill but it sounded awesome.   I think I may go back to just to one sub since it's so much better than my Klipsch that I can hear the Klipsch struggling which makes the bass a little distorted.  I could feel the couch move without the butt kickers. 

Bulletstorm

I finally got this to work on my system after about 3 months of trying.  It still uses the Games for Windows client which is going away in July, I'm hopeful for a patch because this game is really awesome.  The initial media campaign for the game was pretty bad as it focused on a couple of quotes from the main character and it never recovered.  I beat the game when it came out and have been wanting to play it again.  The game still looks amazing, I'll try and post some screenshots later in the week.  The combat is nonstop action and with the different ways of killing your enemies it never becomes dull.  Each weapon you unlock has different skill shots that allows you to destroy enemies in unique ways.  There is the thumper that will grapple an enemy then thump him to the ground which causes any other enemy around to be thrown helplessly into the air.  The grenade gun that sends a couple of grenades attached by a chain that you can shoot at an enemies head or legs and then make them explode.  The game is a blast and I sure hope they patch out the GFWL.   

Steam Sale

If you don't know there is a Steam Sale going on so a ton of games are selling for cheap this week so get out there and buy some good games.  I think my Steam game count is over 850 which is insane but I still find stuff that I want to buy.  So far my haul is:

Borderlands 2 DLC
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass - I really wanted to go back to Rapture. I started last night and only played about 30 minutes.  So far it's good.
Payday 2
Master Reboot - A really cool puzzle adventure game. 
Shadowrun: Dragonfall  -
Pixel Piracy - Kind of like Minecraft except you are building a pirate ship and exploring different islands.
The Walking Dead Season 2 -  Waiting for all the episodes to come out before I start playing.
Divinity Original Sin - It doesn't release until June 30th but I've played a bit of the beta and it seems great.
A Wizard's Lizard - Kind of like the Binding of Isaac but with more story and a little more permanence.
FEZ - Cool Platformer.


New Releases - Tons of games this week.  My Pick is Valiant Hearts.

PC

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (download - $50) -
GRID Autosport (download - $50) - More than likely I will get as they fixed issues with the last version.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (download - $30) - Not a port is what I've heard. 
Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front (download - $20)
Sniper Elite 3 (download - $50)
Shovel Knight (download - $15) - Hopefully this will be a  good NES like game.
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (download - $15) - Looks really cool and has a great art style.
Three Dead Zed (download)

PlayStation 4

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (download - $15)
Another World (download) - Think free for PS+ subscribers a great game.
Blue Estate (download)
R.B.I. Baseball 14 (download)
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Xbox One

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (download - $15)

Xbox 360

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
GRID Autosport
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (download - $15)

PlayStation 3

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
GRID Autosport
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland
Xblaze Code: Embryo
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (download - $15)
Another World (download)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon (download)

Wii U

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
Shovel Knight (download - $15)

Vita

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
Xblaze Code: Embryo
Farming Simulator 14
Another World (download)
Z-Run (download)

Nintendo 3DS

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
Farming Simulator 14
Shovel Knight (download - $15)

No comments:

Post a Comment