Monday, December 9, 2013

Gran Turismo 6

Gran Turismo 6

I bought the download version on Thursday and there was not a pre-load for North America, it was a 15G download that took a couple of hours then to install the game took another 4 hours. Once that awful mess was done it was time to drive.

The CSR Elite Wheel works perfect, you can really feel the handling differences between the cars. I started playing in Cockpit view and the sense of speed wasn't there, of course you do start off with slow cars so it could just be that, but when I switched to the hood or road camera it did seem to be faster. I've read reports of frame drops while driving in cockpit mode so I just drive from the bumper cam.

I'm playing on a PC monitor at 1080P and it's not as sharp as a PC race game but it isn't that bad. I have noticed a couple of road textures that aren't sharp before the race and some of the cockpits aren't hi-def but overall it looks great. I haven't noticed any screen tearing which I read on other forums. There are some jagged and flickering edges from time to time, but it hasn't been distracting. The replays look good.

The single player campaign is fun they mix things up with different events like hitting cones and driving the moon rover on the moon, it's not just races so it make things interesting, . They do force you to pick your first car from a selection of 1, I didn't like that. The AI isn't fantastic, but they have given me a little challenge on some races but there isn't a way to increase the difficulty during the campaign just the arcade mode.

I was really worried about the loading times because of GT5 and I almost bought an SSD but with a normal hard drive they are minimal maybe 5-10 seconds, which is awesome. I hate the loading times on Forza 5, plus my wheel isn't compatible, that's another discussion.

I've completed about 50 races and I've liked all the tracks so far, each one feels different and has their own challenges. The races occur at different times of day and some of the effects look great, racing at dusk is awesome.

Overall I'm having a blast and the initial impression is so much better than GT5. I do like it more than Forza 5 mainly because of the wheel and much less micro-transactions. 
 

New Releases - One pretty big release I'm excited for --- Peggle 2. 
  

PC
  • Basketball Pro Management 2014 (download)
  • Let's Sing (download - $30)
  • Teslagrad (download - $10)
  • The Novelist (download - $20)
  • Tiny Brains (download)
  • Velocity Ultra (download - $10)
 Xbox One
  • Peggle 2 (download - $12)

PlayStation 4
  • Doki-Doki Universe (download - $15)
 PlayStation 3
  • Doki-Doki Universe (download - $15)
 Wii U
  • Rush (eShop)
 Vita
  • Doki-Doki Universe (download - $15)
  • Mahjong Royal Towers (download)
  • Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God

 Nintendo 3DS
  • 3D Ecco the Dolphin (download)
  • AeternoBlade (download)
  • 3D Galaxy Force II (download)
  • Jump Trials Supreme (download)
  • Life with Horses 3D (download)  - Fun times.
  • My Style Studio: Hair Salon (download) - Really?
 Nintendo DS
  • Orion's Odyssey (download)

No comments:

Post a Comment