Monday, October 3, 2016

Forza Horizon 3, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Bioshock Remaster

Forza Horizon 3

  • An Xbox Anywhere title, buy digitally from the Xbox/Windows store and you can play on Xbox one and PC and you saves carry over.  The Xbox one version runs perfectly but the PC version has some issues.  
  • The game has some really bad stuttering so I can't run the game at more than 30 fps, if I try 60 it will randomly dip to 48 or lower which is bothersome.   Luckily at 30fps the game does feel fine so it's not that big of an issue.
  • My wheel wasn't fully supported until a few days ago, which was fixed in a Windows update, but the FFB is pretty weak.  I do have the Xbox One hub for my wheel so I can play connecting that way and it feels great I just can't rebind the buttons which I really need to do.  I downloaded Forza Apex and the FFB on that feels great so there is an issue with the implementation on FH.
  • Even with those issues the game is amazing, the world they have created is really fun to drive in and the amount of cars is astounding.
  • The game looks incredible, from the details in the cars to the rain effects everything about the graphics is amazing, the sky is the best sky I've ever seen in a game.
  • Another A+ is the sound design. The game has some great radio stations but I've turned them off for now just so I can hear the car engines.  Shifting through gears is an audible sensation.  I enjoy each new car that I unlock.  
  • There is a ton of content in the game, I've put in 8 hours and have only uncovered about a 1/4th of the map.   
  • I think the game does have some rubber banding AI but in this type of game it's expected as they want to make each race exciting. I haven't found it aggravating, you don't have to come in 1st in order to progress which is nice.
  • I like the rivals racing as you compete against your friends in basically time trials. Their times can be pretty difficult to beat especially since I am playing at an increased difficulty.  All the assists are off, simulation steering, and manual with clutch so there is a lot going on during a race.   
  • You can play through the whole campaign in co-op which would be a ton of fun but so far none of my friends are playing.
  • If you like car games then you should definitely pick this up.   


Deus Ex Mankind Divided
​​

  • Finished the main campaign at around 28 hours.
  • Apparently I missed one of the best side missions in the game so I may go back to an earlier save and try to play that.
  • One of the great things about this game is the amount of ways to approach each situation.
  • If you need to get into a room you could hack the door when no one is looking, find a guard that has a key card and take him out silently and grab the card, or move a heavy object that is blocking a vent that enters into the room.
  • The game lets you spec your character so that you could use any number of these methods and I actually wish I had limited myself to only one.  
  • The environment they provide for you to explore may not have the largest map size, but it's very detailed and has a ton of intricacies.  If I made myself only use vents to enter rooms then I would have to explore the world in different ways in order to find where they are hidden, which would make the role playing more immersive. 
  • I did play through using non-lethal attacks so I didn't get to mess around with many of the cool perks and weapons the game provides so I may play through again to see how that holds up.
  • I do recommend the game, it is the 2nd game in a trilogy so there are a ton of questions left unanswered.  I would suggest you play the first game before going in although they do have a video that sums up the previous game but both games are worth playing.  

Bioshock Remastered

  • Really excited to play through the series again but a ton of issues with the PC version have kept me away.
  • I owned all 3 games so I did get the update free but I'm still shocked at how poor the remaster was done.
  • To enable 5.1 surround sound you have to edit an .ini file which is crazy as the original game had a menu option for that.
  • The game has objects that disappear when I get close to them and some of the textures are flashing.  
  • They are supposed to be releasing some fixes for the PC version soon. 
  • I hear the console versions are better but they are missing some graphical elements that the older game had, but if you've never played you most likely won't care.  
  • They did include some cool commentary about the making of the game which I want to see so hopelfully they can get the issues fixed.  
  • I really like the Bioshock series and wish they did a better job at restoring the first 2 games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment