Friday, June 24, 2016

E3, Rocket League, Warhammer: Vermintide

Steam Summer Sale is on.  Go get some games. 

E3
  • God of War 4 looks amazing.  It's one of my favorite franchises so I was happy to see it return.  
  • Dishonored 2, Mafia 3, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, excited to play these this year.
  • Xbox one games coming out on Windows 10 is huge for me now I really don't need an Xbox one and I can play Forza Horizons in 1080P with 60 fps on my awesome racing rig.  
  • Call of Duty actually looks awesome, the trailer they showed got me really interested. 
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - Go watch a video of this game in action.  Too bad it was delayed to next year.
  • Resident Evil 7 fully playable in VR!!!!!!
  • The new South Park game looks incredible.  If you never played The Stick of Truth you really should.  
  • Overall a decent show.  I really liked the Sony conference as the whole show had a live orchestra playing throughout the whole show.
Rocket League
  • Almost 400 hours on PC.  
  • Season 3 began this week and the competition has gotten a lot tougher.  I started out a pretty low rank and having a tough time moving up.  
  • They added a new arena to the ranked matches that has a 2 levels that I really don't like but the presentation of it is amazing, the puddles of water on the floor and the neon lights look really good so it is growing on me.  
  • They also added item trading so you can now get better items by trading in the extras you randomly receive.  It's okay, I've gotten a couple of cool things.  

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

  • Like Left 4 Dead except you are fighting rats instead of zombies and there is a progression system along with weapon/armour upgrades so it's more fleshed out.
  • The game is more focuses on melee combat but each character does have a ranged weapon so there is still some shooting involved.  
  • The goal is to make it through the level and if successful you will get a chance to roll some dice to get some new gear.  
  • Last night we played and got to the exit but one person was running behind who I will not mention and we went back to get him and all died, so we didn't get any new gear.  Thanks Porkchop. 
  • Each run takes about 20 minutes so the game sessions are a decent length.
  • It's a little buggy but it's entertaining if you play a couple a sessions at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment