Friday, February 5, 2016

Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Witness

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC)
 
  • I originally bought the Xbox One version since it was exclusive to that console, but I never really got into it because of some controller lag. I thought the aiming and the actions after some button presses felt a bit off.
  • The PC version fixes that issue plus gives the already good looking game some added umph to make it one of the best looking games of this generation.
  • I really enjoyed the first game and they have added quite a lot to Lara's new adventure.
  • The exploration areas are much larger now with secrets and hidden loot to discover. There are also a lot more tombs to raid.
  • I am really liking the story and I am actually seeking out all of the voice memos that have interweaving story lines.
  • I'm playing on Hard mode and when there is a required fight sequence with waves of enemies they go on for too long and get too tough quickly. They also aren't randomized so if you die you will see the same enemies as before.
  • I want to try the endurance mode which makes the game play like a survival game where you have to survive the harsh elements and hungry animals.
 
The Witness
  • A puzzle game from the developer of Braid.
  • The game is basically about 700 maze puzzle games. That sounds boring but it's really entertaining.
  • The puzzles are set on a beautiful island that you will be traversing while solving puzzles.
  • The puzzles are grouped around different parts of the island and each type has a certain rule that you must solve in order complete the puzzles.
  • I've been taking screenshots with my phone which I've found helps out a lot.
  • It's only $40 so if you have a PS4 and PC and want to be challenged give the game a try.
New Releases - A pretty big release this week on the PC. American Truck simulator, just kidding X-Com 2 is out. I've only played an hour so no impressions yet. I'm also interested in Cobalt. Also if you have a PS4 or Vita pick up Crypt of the Necrodancer it's awesome.
 
 
PC
 
American Truck Simulator
Cobalt
Fortified
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Tales of Symphonia
XCOM 2
 
PS4
 
 AIPD
Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space
Amazing Discoveries in Outer Space
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Gravity Rush Remastered
Megadimensional Neptunia VII
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel
Not A Hero
Royal Defense
 
 XB1
  
Cobalt
Fortified
  
WiiU
 
Shütshim: Seriously Swole
 
360
  
Cobalt
 
PS3
 
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel
 
 Vita
 
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
 
For Sale
 
Espon 5030UB Projector
 
 If anyone is interested I'm selling my Projector for $1400, I've had it about a year and a half and the bulb has around 500 hours on it so I've barely used it. It's in perfect working condition and still under a 3 year warranty.
  
100" Projector Screen
 
If you don't have a screen then I have one of those as well. $150.
  
Popcorn Machine
 
 I also have an movie popcorn machine that I'm selling for $50. It's a hot air popper that would be great for parties and it's easy to clean. 
 
 Polk Monitor 50 Speakers
  
This is for a pair of 2 floor standing Polk speakers for $50.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment