Friday, December 4, 2020

Random Game Thoughts

 Random Game Thoughts

  • Dirt 5
    • I was so excited for the game as I've loved every Dirt game Codemasters has made.
    • I almost bought the ultimate edition so I could play early, but I waited and found out that the game did not support wheels at launch. It still doesn't. 
    • So disappointing and on top of that it doesn't output telemetry so I can't use my motion platform.  
    • C'mon Codemasters, this may be the first Dirt game I don't buy.  
  • Ubisoft Connect
    • Ubisoft's subscription service on PC 
    • For $15 you can play every Ubisoft game including the 3 games they released in the last month.  
    • Worth it 100%.  
  • Immortal Fenyx Rising (Terrible name)
    • A Ubisoft open world game that can actually be completed under 35 hours.
    • It's a cross between Assassin's Creed and Zelda BOTW 
    • Played a couple of hours and I really like it. It's whimsical and the world is full of color and missing most of the bloat that Ubisoft games have had as of late.   
  • Watchdog's Legion
    • Played for about 2 hours and it's not my jam.
    • It's kinda cool wandering around causing havoc but it's definitely a create your own fun type of game that I get bored of quickly.
    • Ubisoft needs to rethink their facial hair technology.
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
    • I really liked Origins and even finished the main campaign, but for some reason Odyssee never clicked with me.  It felt really janky, especially the combat. 
    • Valhalla feels more like Origins so I was more interested.  
    • I put in a couple of hours but honestly I am liking Fenix so much more right now that I'll play that instead.
  • Spider-man: Miles Morales
    • Really enjoying the game.  About half way through at around 12 hours so a meaty game.  
    • Raytracing looks really good, so many reflections.
    • I tried the performance mode and it does play a lot smoother but I am keeping it in resolution mode as I do like the way the game looks with it on.
  • GTX 3090
    • Was going to get the 3080 but wasn't having any luck so decided to spend the money and get this.  Crazy, I know.  
    • 4K120FPS with HDR is amazing. 
    • Can't run all the new games maxed out at 4K with 60 fps so that's a bit disappointing.   
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
    • Looks amazing on the new card
    • Not exactly sure what I'm doing as the game is massive, but I'm able to keep the plane in the air for at least 10 minutes. 
    • Make sure you install the upgraded graphics patch before flying out to see Mount Rushmore, otherwise you'll fly 10 minutes to see a plain rock. 
    • Also, if you didn't know, there is a Las Vegas, Mexico.  It's strip is not that impressive.
  • PGA Tour 2K1
    • Been playing with Mitch online and it's a fun golf game.   
    • The UI needs to be improved, but the gameplay is spot on.  
  • Mafia Definitive Edition
    • Finished the game and was disappointed with the ending.
    • It felt rushed and needed to be fleshed out a bit more with a couple of extra missions.
  • Cyberpunk 2077
    • One more week if you can believe it.
    • Watch out, some copies were sent out early so be careful for spoilers

No comments:

Post a Comment