Friday, February 20, 2015

Dying Light, New 3DS, Luigi's Mansion, Walking Dead Season 2

Sorry for the long delay between blogs I had 2 weeks off for vacation and mainly stayed in my man cave so I have a ton of new games to talk about.  I went into my vacation thinking that I would clear up a ton of my Steam backlog but Dying Light came out and I spent most of my time with that one game. 

Dying Light
  • I really liked Dead Island and this game is superior in every way.
  • The best part of the game is the parkour, they really made it intuitive to move around the city and the climbing feels so much better than any game I've played and it's tons better than any Assassin's creed game and it's in first person. 
  • The combat is  satisfying and you are constantly earning upgrades that allow you to tackle enemies in new ways.  The drop kick move is awesome. 
  • There is a day/night cycle that changes how you play the game.  During the day you can wander around and unless you get surrounded by a mob of zombies you "should" be ok, but once night comes then you must be wary as there are special zombies that can chase and kill you pretty quickly so the game changes into a stealth/run away game. 
  • There is 4 player co-op and I played with Robby last night and had a great time.  It will pop up a challange randomly so that you can compete with one another on racing to air drops or who can kill the most zombies. 
  • I highly recommend this game it's the most fun I've had since Mordor.

New 3DS
  • I am a huge fan of 3D movies and gaming but I always had to turn down the 3D effect on my 3DS because it would lose focus too often, they finally fixed the issue.
  • They use the front camera to track your eyes so that if you move your head or the console a bit you don't lose the 3D effect and it works much better than before.
  • I'm able to max out the 3D in every game and it really does add to the experience even on the small screen.
  • It has some other changes as well like a faster cpu so games do load quicker and the nub control which I haven't tried yet. 
  • The strange thing is that it doesn't come with a charger so you have to buy that separate or use your existing 3DS.  Very strange or very cheap.  At $200 that should be included.
  • They only released the XL version in the US which is also strange but I liked the bigger size anyway.
  • I'm still going to buy a hand grip as my hands to get a bit cramped after extended play.
  • Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
  • Nintendo makes some spectacular games and this one is awesome. 
  • The game is Nintendo's version of Ghostbusters and it has a ton of charm.
  • Luigi fits the title role perfectly and I still chuckle every time he answers the phone.
  • Each stage has unique ideas and each one is fun to experiment with. 
  • If you have a 3Ds then you must get this game. 
Walking Dead Season 2
  • I really liked the first season and although the second season wasn't as good it still was a great experience. 
  • I thought they did a good job of creating some interesting choices that at some points had me stopping to think for awhile. 
  • There were also a couple of scenes that were really tough to watch.
New Releases from last week - A new console is being released this week, The New 3DS.  I'll be picking it up because I want the better 3D experience. 

PC

Evolve (download - $60)
Plazma Being (download)
HIT (download - free-to-play)
Reverse Side (download)
Samudai (download)
Tasty Blue (download)
Cubicity (download)
Musclecar Online (download)
Harold (download)
Cults and Daggers (download)
Barbarian Brawl (download)
On A Roll 3D (download)
Siege of Turtle Enclave (download)
Abomination Tower (download)
A.V. (download)
Lucius II (download)
War of the Human Tanks - AlTeR (download)

PlayStation 4

Evolve
Minutes (download)
Super Stardust Ultra (download)

Xbox One

Evolve
The Escapists (download)

PlayStation 3

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (download)
Hyper Void (download)

Wii U

Breath of Fire (download - Wii U Virtual Console)

Vita
Minutes (download)
AeternoBlade (download)
Jungle Rumble (download)

Nintendo 3DS

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+
3D Fantasy Zone (download)

No comments:

Post a Comment