Friday, August 25, 2023

Dave the Diver, Armored Core VI

 Dave the Diver(PC)

  • I'm trying to finish Baldur's Gate 3 before Starfield comes out, but I tried Dave the Diver and got addicted.  
  • It's a fairly casual game where during the day you dive into the ocean and gather fish, other aquatic animals, and restaurant condiments. At night you serve them in your Sushi bar. 
  • At least it starts out that way.   Each half hour or so they introduce a new mechanic or a new way to interact with the game that even after 12 hours I'm still encountering something new to do.   
  • I won't go into details since discovery is a big part of the game, but the latest thing it's added has given me Stardew Valley vibes.  
  • The game is perfect on the steam deck. 

Armored Core VI(PC)

  • A third person action MECH game from the developers of the Dark Souls games and it does share the difficulty of those games.
  • I've never played an Armored Core game before so I thought the best time to try one would be a week before Starfield comes out and I have 3 other games I want to finish.  
  • I've only put in about 2 hours, but I have earned my gamer card since I can at least say that I've beaten the Tutorial boss although it did take me 10 tries. 
  • Customization of your mech is half of the game so there are a ton of options of how to build/paint your mech to fit your game play style.  One of the nice things is that you can sell back items purchased from the store for the same price you bought them so no punishment for trying new parts or builds.  You can even upload your own images to put on your Mechs. 
  • The story is delivered by codecs so it's usually just a voice talking to you giving you mission briefs. You will be making choices that will affect which missions you can go on so you won't see everything in one playthrough.  From what I've read one playthrough is around 16-20 hours.  
  • The combat is pretty hectic and a lot to keep track of from your booster and weapon cooldowns, to the whole 3D space you can be attacked from.  Luckily the boss fights have checkpoints, so unless you need to buy something from the store, you don't have to restart the whole mission if you get in a tough fight.
  •  There is a multiplayer arena where you can test out your best builds against others.  You can also upload/download builds for specific campaign missions if you find one giving you issues.  

Starfield

  • If you buy the premium edition, the game will be playable next Thursday night at 7pm Central. From some leaks it appears the game may be the most polished Bethesda title.  

No comments:

Post a Comment