Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Witcher 3

Witcher 3
  • Put in 2 hours over the last two days and it's awesome, one of the best looking games that I've played.  I've taken around 50 screenshots and using them as my background wallpapers.

  • I'm not able to max everything out at 60 fps however as Hairworks really drags my FPS down so I'm playing at a locked 30 so I can have everything turned up.  Monster hair blowing in the wind looks really good. 

  • I've beaten both Witcher games and really like the story and the decisions the games present you.  I've had to sit on screens multiple times for what seemed 5 minutes deciding which choice I wanted to make.  

  • I really liked the combat of the first Witcher which was PC kb/m only. You had to time your combos and it felt great. In the next game I always thought the controls were clunky as each action had too much momentum and you couldn't interrupt them.  

  • The combat in this game is a lot better than the second one but still not as tight as I would like it. After some practice I'm starting to understand how I should be attacking.  Each type of attack has it's own distance and timing, similar to Dark Souls, which you must learn otherwise enemies will step back and counter attack.  

  • I'm playing on the 2nd hardest difficulty and it's pretty tough but feels fair.  Your health does not regenerate on it's own and you have to eat to regain vitality.   Also on this difficulty you need to use specific potions, oils, and magic depending on the enemies weakness which you learn by facing them or finding books about them.  The system is well implemented and you feel like a hunter.  


  • The size of the game is enormous as it's over 52 square miles, 3x the size of Skyrim.  

  • To cover this land quickly you will use your horse, Roach which is fun to ride and reminds me of Read Dead Redemption, one of my favorite games.  Combat on top of a horse is tricky though and will take some practice.  

  • The quests have been great so far and they give a ton of context for each one so they aren't just simple fetch quests.  Each one is voiced and has an interesting story to them.  

  • There is a Witcher sense ability that is like the detective mode in the Batman games which you use to gather evidence and information for quests.    

  • The game has over 150 hours of content and I've barely scratched the surface.  I'm only level 4 and have done all the side missions in the tutorial area which is great.  In most games, if you complete the side quests, they will make you over leveled for the main quest which makes them mostly meaningless and since these are so well done I'm glad it's not the case.  

  • Overall I can see easily why this game got some 10/10 ratings and will probably be on the blog for the next couple of months.  


​Deal
  • If anyone is interested in buying the PS4 version of the game let me know.  I bought the PS4 Collectors edition on a whim and don't need the game as I'm playing on PC so I'll sell it for $45.  I should have it by tomorrow. 

New Releases - One of the biggest games releases this week and is my pick of the week Witcher 3. 

PC

    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (download - $60)
    Life is Strange- Episode 3 (download)
    Dustbowl (download)
    D Series OFF ROAD Racing Simulation (download)
    Neon Struct (download)
    Gran Vitreous (download)
    Brilliant Bob (download)
    Sunset (download)
    Epanalepsis (download)
    Technobabylon (download)
    Interloper (download)
    Crossfire: Dungeons (download)
    LOOP: A Tranquil Puzzle Game (download)
    Wyrmsun (download)

PlayStation 4

    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    Life is Strange- Episode 3 (download)
    Ride (download)
    Farming Simulator 15 (download)
    Aces of the Luftwaffe (download)
    Arcade Archives: Terra Cresta (download)

Xbox One

    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    Life is Strange- Episode 3 (download)
    Farming Simulator 15 (download)

Xbox 360

    Life is Strange- Episode 3 (download)
    Farming Simulator 15 (download)

PlayStation 3

    Life is Strange- Episode 3 (download)
    Farming Simulator 15 (download)

Wii U

    Swords & Soldiers II (download)
    Shapes of Gray (download)

Vita

    Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
    Alien Shooter (download)

Nintendo 3DS

    Puzzle & Dragons Z/Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment